— Chief Thunder
Chief Thunder, or Thunder for short, is a native American character in Killer Instinct.
Mystical defender of Native Americans. Thunder enters the contest in order to uncover the mystery surrounding his brother's disappearance in the previous year's tournament.
Long months have passed since the previous year's Ultratech tournament, and despite the wide-ranging searches of his tribe's supernatural phoenix allies, the Chief's beloved but overambitious younger brother has failed to return in either triumph or defeat. After much agonising over the matter, and to great protest from his tribesfolk, Thunder decides that he must suspect the worst concerning Eagle's fate, and pacifies his people by nominating himself as avenger. The Chief has no dreams of glory, taking up Ultratech's challenge with nothing but vengeance and a primal justice in mind.
After discovering the fate of his brother, Thunder contemplates the future and mourns the loss of Eagle but, with his death avenged, the soul of Eagle can finally rest in peace forever. Or can it.....?
- Triplax: Thunder does an 180 degree spin hitting his opponent with his flaming Tomahawks.
- Sammamish: Thunder does a rising uppercut using his Mohawk.
- Phoenix: Thunder shoots a projectile out of his tomahawk.
- Rain Dance: Thunder does a native dance and calls lighting upon his opponent.
- Sammahawk: Thunder does an air dive with his Mohawk
Killer Instinct (2013)
- Triplax: Thunder does an 180 degree spin hitting his opponent with his Tomahawks.
- Sammamish: Thunder does a rising uppercut using his head and then drops downward.
- Call of the Earth: Thunder grabs the opponent with his Tomahawks and throws them on the ground, stomping on their face afterwards.
- Ankle Slicer: Thunder does a low-hitting slash with his Tomahawks.
Killer Instinct (2013)
Combo Trait - Throw Linkers: Thunder can use his back throw as his linker making it impossible to Combo Break and lose potential damage. They can still tech out of the throw however.
- Thunder was one of three characters from the original Killer Instinct who did not return for its sequel or its Gold port. Unlike Riptor and Cinder however, Thunder was said to have have defeated his opponent, Spinal, whereas the rest were implied to have been killed in battle. Thunder was also the only one of the three to return for the third game in the series.