— Quote from Shin Hisako's teaser
Shin Hisako (真・久子 Shin Hisako?, "True Eternal Child" or "True Everlasting Child") (often referred to as simply Shinsako by the fans) is a new character introduced in the Post-Season Three content of Killer Instinct (2013). She embodies Hisako's transcendence into a kami spirit upon reclaiming her father's katana blade. Shin Hisako was first revealed in the patch notes of the 3.6 update, and she was also officially released on March 17th, 2017.
Shin Hisako is almost identical to Hisako, but with some drastic changes. She now wears the signature sode shoulder armor and suneate shin guards of a samurai, combined with a black and gold dress and a yellow flower attached to her hair. Her eyes are now bright gold, same goes for her aura to symbolize her purged spirit. Her teeth have become less sharp because she's no longer an onryō spirit. She wields a katana which contains a spirit of her beloved father.
— Quote from Shin Hisako's teaser
Unlike her original counterpart, Shin Hisako is calm and joyful due to her spirit being purged by being granted her father's Guardian-infused katana. Because of this, her sense of hatred and the anger that she had for centuries has faded away, freeing her from the bonds of her grave and making her able to fight against the forces of Gargos without sensing any rage upon her.
Awakened to her true mind and full abilities, Shin Hisako wields her father’s katana, moving as swiftly as he did in his prime. She has discovered the ability to project her spirit onto the battlefield to surprise, confuse, and devastate the enemies of the light and deliver justice upon them.
Killer Instinct (2013)
— Shin Hisako's Teaser in Shadow Lords dossier "Guardians: Origins VII".
| This article is a stub.
You can help Killer Instinct Wiki by expanding it.
Type down the following info from this site: https://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/just-recruited-shinsako-in-shadow-lords-ama/19569
Combat Trait - Special Chains: Shin Hisako can chain into any Special Attack after performing Shin On Ryo Zan.
Combat Trait - Drifting Spirits: Shin Hisako can summon Drifting Spirit Orbs. Attacking a Spirit Orb destroys it and unleashes a projectile. It can also be used to enhance the properties of certain moves. Only one Spirit Orb can be active at a time.
Instinct Mode - Eternal Descent: Similar to her original counterpart's Stage Ultra, Shin Hisako summons a mass of ghostly arms that follows the opponent and when caught standing, the opponent is dragged into the depths and disappears; afterwards popping back onto the ground with significant damage.
- Resurgence: Pressing (HP+HK) will reset summoning the ghostly hands at the location Shin Hisako is currently standing in.
- Spirit Orb - (3P or Forward+3P air ok) - Shin Hisako launches an orb. Enhance properties of certain moves. Only one Spirit Orb can be placed at a time.
- Katana Poke - (Forward+MP) - Shin Hisako quickly ducks and stabs forward with her katana.
- Shin Puncture - (FK) - Shin Hisako stabs the opponent with her Katana. Causes a Stagger on hit.
- Ascension - (Forward+Forward) - Shin Hisako teleports a short distance and reappears in the air. She can follow-up with any normal attack while falling. If Ascension is done with Spirit Orb in play, she will teleport directly to it.
ULTRA COMBO: 27-Hits
Shin Hisako's theme is composed by the KI 2013 Season 3 composers, Celldweller and Atlas Plug. Unlike her original counterpart whose theme had a horror feel, Shin Hisako's theme has a "Fated Samurai" feel in which the lyrics describe her as a purified spirit and a protector. The theme overall contains a mix of traditional Japanese instruments in conjuction with dubstep and metal elements.
When the characters remain idle for a short period while using her theme on any stage, then a tranquil flute remix of the KI main theme, "The Instinct", will start playing.
Lyrics (Japanese Romaji & English)
— Shin Hisako's intro quote
— Shin Hisako after defeating Gargos in Shadow Lords.
- Shin Hisako is the third "remix" character in the series, next to Shadow Jago (an evil and chaotic version of Jago when possessed by Omen) and Kilgore (a scrapped prototype of Fulgore).
- Shin Hisako is also the first female remix character in the series.
- Shin Hisako was first teased in the Shadow Lords dossier "Guardians: Origins VII".
- Shin Hisako was released in March 2017, two years after her original counterpart made her debut in Season 2.
- Shin Hisako's Ultra Combo is registered at 27 hits, similar to her original counterpart. However, her Ultra Ender is more "cinematic" than the previous.
- Following Rash, Mira, General RAAM, Eyedol and Kilgore over the course of Season Three, Shin Hisako doesn't have her own stage in Killer Instinct, but does have her own selectable theme for any stage. Obviously, Shin Hisako shares her original counterpart's Village of Whispers as her stage in the game since they're the same person, similar to the situation with Omen sharing the Shadow Tiger's Lair with Shadow Jago and Gargos (temporarily), Mira sharing the Alchemical Lab with Sabrewulf and Eyedol sharing the Forbidden Archive with Kan-Ra and Rash in Survival Mode. This makes her the seventh overall fighter as well as the second character in Post-Season 3 amongst the roster who does not have a stage, but shares an arena with another combatant.
|Killer Instinct (2013) Characters|
|Season 1||Jago ·Sabrewulf ·Glacius ·Thunder ·Sadira ·Orchid ·Spinal ·Fulgore ·Shadow Jago|
|Season 2||TJ Combo ·Maya ·Kan-Ra ·Riptor ·Omen ·Aganos ·Hisako ·Cinder ·ARIA|
|Season 3||Kim Wu ·Tusk ·Arbiter ·Rash ·Mira ·Gargos ·General RAAM ·Eyedol ·Kilgore ·Shin Hisako|